Vitaly Umansky Illustration

My Website

My Website
vitalyillustrates.com

Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Mural for Kings Bay Y

I started working on two projects recently. One is a 130 feet long mural for a Kingsbay Y, Jewish Community Center I work in with kids, in Brooklyn. It is located on a parking lot on avenue U and Nostrand Avenue.

I started with a sketch:



The supervisors loved it and I went to the next step, coloring.At that point the sketch finally reached the highest authority where, as it should always be expected, met some difficulties and revisions followed.

Meanwhile I started working on the mural itself.

There's the grid:


and there are some drawings:



And here is the revised version. (Colored after it was already put on the wall and yet to be seen by the dubious authority).


No comments:

Post a Comment